A few weeks ago I heard of the Sunshine Blogger Award for the first time. I got curious, because more and more bloggers post about it on Facebook and I had no idea what exactly this award is about. But I started some research and found out, that the Sunshine Blogger Award is a super cool way for bloggers to help promote and network with like-minded people. It goes to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading joy and sunshine to the world.
And now I’m excited to announce that I got nominated myself! A huge thanks to Whitney, who gave me the possibility to be recognized and spread love to other bloggers. Please, everybody should check out her Instagram @aimingtostressless and her beautiful blog Aiming to Stress Less.
If you get nominated by me, here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the questions I was asked
1. Why did you start blogging? Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
I love writing and traveling. So it was just a question of time that I started a blog. In the first place, I wanted to share my experiences to inspire others with their own trips. The inspiration for my blog name came through my mom, though. She always asked me to send her postcards, so I kind of dedicate the name to her.
2. Spring, summer, autumn, or winter?
Definitely summer! I’ve always been a summer kid.
3. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I could always eat German Pretzels. Since I live in Munich, you get it here everywhere. And I never felt like I get tired of it.
4. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Difficult question. I’ve already been to many places and every spot had its own charm. But I really fell in love with Corsica, France. It’s a lovely little island with beautiful old cities.
5. What is your go-to store to shop at for clothing?
I love COS. Once in the shop, I hardly get out without buying something. Too bad for my wallet!
6. What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day?
I’m in a swimming club and just love swimming to calm down after a stressful day.
7. What destination in the U.S. would you like to visit next?
Hawaii! It’s on my bucket list for so long and I hope to get there in 2019.
8. What are five beauty products you can’t live without?
To be honest I don’t use many products. I like to let my skin breathe. But I love the products of Caudalie – especially the Face Lifting Soft Cream and the Grape Water.
9. What cities or towns have you lived in?
I’ve only lived in two: Hannover, my home town, and Munich.
10. Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
I love reading other blogs and magazines. But I also get my inspiration by talking to my family and friends about different travel destinations.
11. Do you own any pets?
When I was a kid, I had a bird. Unfortunately, it died after three months. That was the day I decided that I shouldn’t have any pets again.
Here are my nominees for the award
- Sassy Savvy Adventurer
- Panda Travels
- Came to Wander
- Backpack Becki
- I am Nicola Joan
- Lost & Delirious
- Hanli Bubu
- Light Travel Action
- Serena Lou
Here are my questions for the nominees
- What does your perfect day look like?
- Which country would you love to visit once in your lifetime?
- Fire, earth, air or water – what’s your favorite element and why?
- What was the best thing you’ve experienced so far?
- If you could have a super power – what would it be?
- What are you blogging about and why?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could bring just one thing on your travels, what would it be?
- Where did you grow up?
- What’s most important in your life?
- What is your biggest passion?
Now go check out the bloggers above, like, share, comment and spread sunshine to these people! If you’re looking for more travel inspiration have a look in my Travel Stories or City Guides. Enjoy and happy travels!